Barton County Academy
5220 W. 10th St.
Great Bend, Kansas 67530
Phone: (620) 792-7995
Already a student and looking for Learning Center Connections?: Click here
Barton County Academy (BCA) offers a variety of services to students. In addition to the high school diploma completion program, ESL classes are offered to help non-native speakers gain proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English. Students who have small children are welcome to bring them to the supervised playroom while they attend classes. The BCA program also utilizes community services and resources to offer unique educational and recreational opportunities that meet the needs of students both in and out of the classroom.
Our classes are provided through computer-based curriculum, which allows students to work within and outside our facility. If your work schedule doesn’t permit you to attend during our hours, you have the option to work from home. Since we do have some learning requirements, this flexibility comes in handy for our students with full-time jobs.
The dedicated, caring staff members are committed to the immediate and long term success of every student.
- ESOL Program (English for speakers of other languages)
- Free Supervised Playroom for children of students
- Partnership with KansasKids@GEARUP, which helps students prepare for college/tech schools.
- Becky Gillette, Director
- Patty Fletchall, Certified ESL teacher
- Mary Doyle, Paraprofessional;
- Kristofor Sinn, Paraprofessional;
- Rosa Prieto, Paraprofessional;
- Julie Doherty, Playroom Supervisor